Written By: Kierstan Boyd
Reviewed By: Brenda Pagan-Duran MD
Mar. 01, 2015

Usually, mild to moderate astigmatism can be corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses.

While it used to be the case that contact lenses for astigmatism could only be rigid contact lenses (RGPs, also called GP lenses), this is no longer true. Now, soft lenses called toric contact lenses can correct astigmatism. But while soft toric lenses may be appropriate for some, if you have severe astigmatism, rigid contacts or glasses may be a better option. Your eye doctor will discuss your lens options with you.

For some people with astigmatism, surgery may be an option to correct vision, including LASIK. Your ophthalmologist can discuss the various types of refractive surgery procedures you may consider for astigmatism correction.

fonte: https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/astigmatism-treatment